If you think it can’t be done, call Martland Mortgages 01704 808 286
9am – 9pm Seven days a week
Martland Mortgages.Com Ltd understands your concerns over the privacy of Personal Data you may provide to us as part of our day to day dealings with you.
This policy provides you with information about what types of information are collected, retention periods and other elements to comply with the EU Wide – General Data Protection Regulation and the UK’s Data Protection Bill 2018.
If you are dissatisfied with this response you may request that your complaint be escalated, in which case it will be escalated to the Business Principal who will review your complaint and the initial response and provide a further response within 28 days of your request to escalate the matter.
If we are unable to resolve your complaint, you may make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (if based in the UK, otherwise to your local Supervisory Body). Please see https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/raising-concerns for more information.
Who We Are
- Martland Mortgages.Com Ltd. Company Registered in England & Wales. Company Number: 06683754.
- We are authorised & regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under reference: 586147
- We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under reference: Z1552150
- Our Consumer Credit Licence Number is: 640240
- Our Address is:
106 Lord Street
- Our telephone number is 01704 808286.
Information We Collect
Personal Data is anything which identifies you as an individual, either on its own or by reference to other information. If you are engaging with us to provide services this also applies to any information you share with us.
You should be aware that some data you share with us may fall under the category of Special Personal data under GDPR due to the presence of facial/biometric data.
Data Processing where we are the Data Processor
We process the following personal data in order to provide you with our mortgage broking & related financial services.
|Data Element||Data Element|
|Name, address, financial & application information.||You|
|Financial References||Your Professional advisor (such as Bank, Accountant or Solicitor)|
|Credit File Details||Experian, Equifax and similar Credit Reference Agencies|
|Current Mortgage||Current Lender|
Why we process your data
Data processing (including storage) is undertaken so that we can provide you with our services and/or respond to your enquiries.
We process this under the following lawful bases:
Consent: We seek consent to respond to your initial email enquiry and in specific instances on a case-by-case basis.
Performance of Contract: To enable us to undertake & provide the service to you.
Legal Obligation: Where we have a legal or regulatory obligation to process or retain data. (E.g Under Anti-Money Laundering Regulations)
Special Category Data: We process data in the form of Identity Documents that may contain biometric data. We process these under the lawful bases of Performance of Contract (a non-optional element of our arranging a mortgage) & Legal Obligation (Anti Money Laundering Regulations) supported by Article 9(2)(g).
We may also act as a Data Processor in certain situations on behalf of your existing Mortgage Lender. For example, at time of renewal where we are authorised to act on the Lender’s behalf.
Data Sharing with Third Parties
We will only share your details with the organisations listed, or in the scenarios outlined, for the purposes of providing you with the service (or servicing your enquiry).
- Lenders: Data is shared with lenders in order to assess, apply, progress & complete your mortgage or other financial obligation.
- Compliance: For Compliance purposes, completed Mortgage application files are shared with our external Compliance Auditor: Sally Grady. [The address redacted for publication as considered to be PII].
- Technical: Our IT Systems are supported by, and mail servers hosted by, The Duncan Reid Consultancy. 188 Liscard Road. CH44 5TN. Certified to the CyberEssentials Cyber Security & IASME Information Assurance (with GDPR) Standards.
For the avoidance of doubt: We do not sell or pass your contact details to any third-party marketing companies.
Other companies we use to help us deliver our services to you
We use the following data processors/companies to enable us to provide and deliver our services to you:
- Sally Grady Compliance Services
- Email Hosting provided by Heart Internet via The Duncan Reid Consultancy. CH44 5TN.
- Website Hosting provided by Heart Internet via The Duncan Reid Consultancy.
- Cloud27Tec. BH8 8EZ
- Brilliant Solutions. SA7 9FG
- Estate Agents as necessary to progress your mortgage to completion
- Conveyancing Solicitors as required for the completion of the mortgage
It is not possible to pre-define the Estate Agents & Solicitors that may be chosen by you, vendors or lenders and we will share data where so required for the performance of the contract.
If we decide to change the services under our control & influence which process personal data we will request authorisation in advance and undertake a DPIA if appropriate.
We will contact existing customers where the information/notification is related to existing services only and this will be on the legal basis of performance of a contract.
For sales related marketing activities – we will require consent and for you to take an affirmative action, furthermore you will have the option to opt-out (unsubscribe at any point). As per your rights – you may also object to direct marketing and we will cease all related activities (unless they impact our ability to deliver our contracted services to you – if you are an existing customer).
As per data privacy best practices, we delete customer personal information as quickly as possible. However, you should be aware that regulatory compliance may require data to be held at least for the period of the Mortgage.
As per GDPR Articles 12 to 23 you have rights associated with your data: –
If you require further details on your rights please contact us or alternatively find out more information from the ICO https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
- Right of access by the data subject – Article 15. You (the data subject) shall have the right to obtain from the controller confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning him or her are being processed, and, where that is the case, access to the personal data and related information.
- Right to Rectification – Article 16. – from the controller without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning him or her.
- Right to Erasure – Article 17 – the right to obtain from the controller the erasure of personal data concerning him or her without undue delay – subject to suitable grounds.
- Right to Restriction of Processing – Article 18 – the right to obtain from the controller restriction of processing where certain rules apply.
- Right to notify any recipients – Article 19 – where share data with in relation to the Articles 16,17 and 18 above.
- Right to data portability – Article 20 – to receive personal data concerning him/her which they have provided to a controller
- Right to Object – Article 21 – on grounds relating to his/her situation where the lawful basis is legitimate interests.